Metro Hotels Australia Website

Monday, April 11, 2011

Two Interns at Aspire Hotel Sydney

Aspire Hotel Sydney currently has two interns studying at the property, below is a brief write-up by Sevada and Mourad.

Sevada Yeroomian

My name is Sevada Yeroomian borne Iran, and from origin Armenian. I am 24 years old and live at the moment in Holland, studying hotel and event management. I am doing an internship at the Aspire hotel to gain more experience in the hotel industries, because of the small organization I choice the Aspire hotel.

I believe that a small organization can provide you more inside information and more experience of a particular business. There are a few things I would like to learn and experience during my internship; I would like to see how a hotel works in general.

I would like to see and experience how every department works and how they use the certain methods and strategies to gain their goals. And the most important is to learn what the link is between what I have learned at school and how the actual business works. My goal is to be a hotel manager and eventually a part of a great organization where I can grow and learn more. I would like to migrate to Australia and start my career here, I love the country and the opportunities it has.

The kind people and diversity off different cultures is positive points where I can see myself work and enjoy life. As everyone I also have certain things that I love to do in my daily life. I love sport, reading biography off business man, traveling and last but not least cooking and eating.


Mourad Sarkis


My name is Mourad Sarkis and I’m from Holland. I have been working in the Royal Dutch Army as a scout. I wanted something else and worked for one year at Staples as a salesman, just to think about my future. I thought about a study and chosen for Hotel and Event management. In my spare time I love to read books and listen to music. Since a few months I found my self a new hobby, photography, and love to go to American V8 shows just to take pictures.

I fell in love with American Cars since I bought my first American muscle car a Chevrolet Camaro 1979. I’m in Australia now for two weeks as an intern at the Aspire Hotel. At school we have learned a lot about how to keep a hotel running. The only thing is that I didn’t have had any experience of working in a hotel. After a long search there was the Aspire hotel who gave me the opportunity to do my internship in here and gain some working experience.

I wanted to do it in a small hotel, so that I can see how the whole hotel works, from top to down! In the future I want to be a hotel manager abroad the Netherlands. I have chosen for Australia because of here beauty and a lot of different cultures, what I do like.

And I think that Australia can offer you a lot if you work hard for it!

1 comment:

  1. Do you offer internships for late 2012 or early 2013?

    ReplyDelete